Sunday, November 05, 2006

Frightful!

Yesterday, I spent the day volunteering at the State Marching Band Festival. Clinton's school was hosting this year and they wanted the "band parents" to come and help out. So, for 10 hours, I sat in the sun and sold Gatorade, water, soda and snacks to 3000 band kids and their families. It wasn't as bad as it sounds, and it was good to be out of the house.

Well, on my drive home, I was starving and hit the "Old McDonald's" drive thru. As I was waiting in line, channel surfing, I came across,

"Sleigh bells ring, are you listening?
In the lane, snow is glistening.
A beautiful site, we're happy tonite,
Walking in a Winter Wonderland."

What the crap!!!???!!! Seriously...it is barely November! And, I have to tell you, that I'm a BIG fan of Christmas music! It drives my family nuts! But this just hit me wrong. I had been sitting in the hot sun all day, (remember, it's still in the mid to high 80's here) and they have the gall to play Winter Wonderland!

Let It Snow came on next. Don't ask me how I know!

BTW... Clinton's band scored a Superior rating! WOO HOO!

5 comments:

Dave said...

As much as a fan I am of the Christmas sales season, I still find something fundamentally wrong with Christmas songs out the day after halloween, and Christmas trees and decorations up before Thanksgiving.

By the end of each Christmas season, I would love to dig up Bing Crosby and shove a "White Christmas" CD into his gob. DramaMama of course loves that song. And the CD she has of Mr. Crosby is one that I believe I bought for her.

Merry Freakin' Christmas!
Ebecheezer Scrooge
;)

SalGal said...

Ok, I am as big of a Christmas addict as they come, but even for me that is early!

I'm struggling to resist the temptation of hauling out all my cds right now and at the same time wanting to wait until Thanksgiving morning where I have a tradition (That Honey has yet to follow through with!) where I wake up to Andy Williams telling me "It's the MOST wonderful time... of the yearrrrrrrrrr...." and that is supposed to be the beginning of my caroling orgy!

What to do... what to do....

monica said...

Oh my girl. Hot 80's? Ick. I like my fall and winter. :( Wish I could send some VA frost your way!

Bree said...

We have 2 local stations that are playing 100% Christmas music now until Christmas. I just don't understand. But obviously there was a "need" for it. Maybe so all the shopping establishments will play their station in hopes for early Christmas sales. I just don't know. One month of Christmas music is plenty!

Brittany said...

I love Christmas music. :) It's on my radio all the time now. We've actually got a few snowfalls already up here at our house... :) I love snow.