Thursday, November 02, 2006

Don't Count Your Chickens Before They've Hatched

Because, you will begin planning what to do with said chickens. You will allow yourself to hope and dream about life after the chickens. You will imagine how it would be to use the promised chickens to pay off all the bills and FINALLY be debt free. You will tell yourself, "I can get through these next lean months, because when the chickens come, it will have all been worth it."

It is not nice to promise a girl a said amount of chickens. It would be better to not say anything, and then, if the chickens come, it would be a happy surprise. This way, it's a depressing disappointment.

Dang those stupid chickens.

12 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

I wish I had some chickens to give you.

We get ours at Albertsons.

Domestic Goddess said...

I think Wal-mart has chickens too.

Melli said...

Dang. Truer words were never spoken. Hope you get some chickens....

peebugg said...

Ummmmm.........

Remain a city girl and don't believe in chickens unless they are in soup or cooked in butter!!!

It's fun to dream but truly sucks when you are forced back into reality!!

Do the chickens have a deeper meaning???

Katherine said...

Yes, off with their heads! The chickens' that is. I blame men. Men who are always talkign about and promising chickens before they actually have chickens in hand. Visiting from Wendy's.

Chicka said...

That's why we eat the chickens here. There are never enough chickens to go around. Even when we're always counting them and what with the hatching and whatnot.

::Sigh::

Stupid chickens.

SalGal said...

I like mine cooked in a tikki masala sauce over jasmine rice. Mmm...

I waited many moons for my chickens. MANY moons. They finally came. They are gone now. It was nice while it lasted.

I hope you get some chickens!

Dave said...

Sorry Honey

Di said...

I HATE chickens! Damn chickens!

Jen said...

I love roast chicken :)
here via Wendy

Biker Betty said...

Everytime I count my chickens, they run away, lol. Here from Wendy's. Love your blog.

monica said...

LOL...hmmm... deep.