Monday, November 20, 2006

Bear News

This morning was The Bear's surgery and everything went fine. It was a muscle biopsy where they took two samples of muscle from his right thigh. He was very big and brave, he didn't even cry or flinch when they drew his blood. Not many adults can say that! His leg is pretty sore right now, but they gave us some "good drugs" to ease the pain a bit. (Isn't codine supposed to knock them out? He's been bouncing off the walls!) We will have to wait 3 - 4 weeks to get the test results back.

Another bit of news, he also lost his first tooth yesterday, so of course the tooth fairy visited our house last night. He got $2 in quarters and 3 rolls of Smarties. ( Is it bad that she left him candy? It was tooth fairy Cheez's idea...don't blame me for the rotting teeth!! :)

Between the stress and early morning, I'm pretty much wiped out. We had to be over at the hospital at 5:30 this morning, so I was up at 4. I was hoping that The Bear would be tired this afternoon, but that's not happening. Maybe he won't notice if I doze on the couch for a minute.

7 comments:

Katherine said...

Glad to hear everything went OK. I would have cried like the baby I am. I think it's hysterical that the Tooth Fairy left him candy!!

Domestic Goddess said...

glad everything went ok. at our house, we have the Tooth Wizard!

Bree said...

What a brave little guy! That's awesome.

I think it's great the tooth fairy left candy. She wants all the teeth she can get! Just kiddin'.

Dave said...

The funny thing about the candy is, he won it at Chuckie Cheese. It was already his! LOL

Sheesh that tooth fairy is a cheapskate!

Justin said...

Hey, how is Bear? I will pray for him. And hey,when he gets well you can take him for a short trip n this post on vacation trip with pets is a fun to read.

take care
bye.

Di said...

Thank Goodness all went well. I say give him all the Smarties he wants, he has to lose the rest of them right? ha ha

Really, I am so happy for you all that all went well!

SalGal said...

So glad everything went well! Our tooth fairy leaves golden dollars. She was going to bring exotic coins from foreign lands until the stupid Euro came along...

I say next time she leaves laffy taffy. That'll get those other teeth out right quick!