Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Cough, Cough...Snort!

Cheez is sick. Very, very sick. So sick, in fact, that he called in to work yesterday, hoping to rest it off. (That hardly ever happens. Probably not even once a year.) Did he get the rest he so badly needed? NO! His work called him every 15 minutes with projects they needed him to work on. So, he was on the computer upstairs for most of the day.

Today, he felt even worse, but went to work anyway. He figured if they were going to keep calling him to do stuff, he might as well be there getting paid for it. Yes my friends, you guessed it...His job does not pay for sick days.

I am very grateful for his job, don't get me wrong. But I think his boss is the biggest weinus around!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess he doesn't read your Blog.

Dave said...

you said weinus! he he he

G.W. Mama said...

Oh--I'm sorry your hubby is sick!!! Hope he gets over his bug soon. WHAT?! His employer doesn't pay for sick days!!!??? What a turd!!! HA! The word weinus always makes me laugh!
Jody

Jillian said...

"Weinus" isn't strong enough. (I've never heard of a "weinus" before but I like it! LOL)

That guy is an egg-sucking, decomposing, slime-covered, brain-lacking weinus from the pits of Hades, yessir.

Dave deserves WAY better. Shower him with love and tap him lightly on the back every once in a while so he can cough up a few phlegm balls. :)

Peggy said...

That is terrible! Can he bring that issue to the table?

peebugg said...

If they call him at home when he isn't getting paid...why does he work??? Or why don't they pay him???

Very odd........

I VOTE FOR SICK PAY!!!

Dave said...

I talked to him about it and he agreed to pay me for the two days I missed actually presenting myself at work, but still did work from home nonetheless.

I am feeling a bit better, but still hocking the occasional phlegm ball. Ain't that lovely?

monica said...

Oh no??? I hope he feels better!

Kristen said...

I can't believe they don't give paid sick days. That is so horrible! I hope he feels better.

Gem said...

Unpaid sick days are one thing, but unpaid work-from-home days are quite another! I'm glad they met you that far! Unpaid sick leave and vacation stinks!!! We have to double-budget for vacation for just that reason, otherwise we'd come home to no lights, lol!