Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Two Down...One To Go

Like all other families across the country, we are making those necessary preparations for a new year of school. On Monday, I took James to get some school clothes before he flew home yesterday. And today, I took The Bear over to Target to pick out his "kindergarten" supplies. This included a pair of Superman jammies, a Superman notebook, a Superman backpack and a Superman lunchbox. Of course, he doesn't need a lunchbox, seeing as he is in 1/2 day Kindergarten, but he informed me that he needed it for lunch at home. I'm a sucker...I bought it. It had a cape and everything! How could I resist!

(Oh yeah...have I mentioned that The Bear got his leg braces on Friday. Each has a very cool picture of Superman on the back. He thinks he's so cool! He wanted to know if they'd help him to fly! LOL)

Now, all that is left is to take our resident drummer on his shopping excursion. This trip will be a little more costly than the other two. A boy entering High School has many, MANY needs. Not to mention costs associated with extra curricular activities. (Of course the Drumline needs matching jackets!) Various scented "manly" sprays to make sure he doesn't stink. Acceptable clothing. (acceptable to both mom and son) The expenses are adding up my friend. The older they get, the more cash evaporates from your pockets!

Hope your BTS preparations are going well!

6 comments:

Dave said...

As I was putting the Bear to bed tonight, I finished reading "Alice in Wonderland" to him. At the end, it said that Alice had dreamed it all.

I told the Bear that with his new Superman jammies that he could fly in his dreams.

Pink Drama said...

be glad you are only helping them get ready for high school or grade school. my brother and sister-in-law spent the entire summer getting their 18 year old ready for his freshmen year in college. twice. (he changed his mind from one college to another) the ongoings made me tired and i had nothing to do with it.

peebugg said...

good luck on agreeing on the clothes with your resident drummer.

I personally am going to buy stock in AXE and possibly TAG due to my teen.

Glad that the Bear is excited.

SalGal said...

Crap. I'm going to have to get a job, aren't I? Not just to feed the little bottomless pits (my 3 y.o. is always telling me "I hungwy a little bit!") but for school supplies, too!

GeminiWisdom said...

This reminds me yet again, why I don't want to have kids. But I remember doing the whole back to school thing. Especially getting the new clothes. Hated it. Two snaps down.

Gem said...

Oh, the joys of homeschooling! Still have the supplies to buy, and it's a good time of year to make sure everyone's pants aren't flooding, but no certain brands to buy. At least not yet. Homeschooled or not, my youngest daughter (6) sees herself as quite the fashion diva, lol!