Saturday, August 12, 2006

Date Night

Last night was the big night! Cheez and I went on a double date with Cheez's dad and a really nice lady from my ward. It was hard to convince both of them to go beyond their comfort zone and say yes to the date, but they were both brave! We went to a local dinner theater and saw "Always, Patsy Cline". Everyone had a great time! The conversation was easy and there were no uncomfortable silences.

Will they go out again? I don't have any idea! I think it would be nice if they would become friends, but I can't force that issue. I'll have to update you all on future developments!!

"matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match....."

5 comments:

Di said...

I LOVE setting people up together. And I think only those that are happily married do it. Otherwise, you wouldn't want to bother putting someone else in the same unhappy situation they were in. Chalk it up to being in a great marriage and hope they hit it off.

monica said...

Awwww!!!!!! So fun!!! :)

G.W. Mama said...

Glad ya'll had a great time! The dinner theater sounded FUN! Keep us posted on whether or not your father-in-law asks this lady on date #2!!! WOO HOO!

Jody

Domestic Goddess said...

Wow, Dad went on a date?

Jillian said...

How stinkin' cute is that?!

I love it.....