Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Hot

Today is my first official complaint about the heat this summer. I'm sure you can expect many more for the next few months.

I went to the grocery store this afternoon because we were out of EVERYTHING! I spent over an hour compiling my list, checking ads for sales and collecting my coupons. The big mistake I made was getting in the crotchety old ladys line at checkout. I think she forgot it was summer and missed her bus back to Wisconsin when things started heating up. As I had several things she needed to price match, she took all her frustrations of the day out on me, barely letting me get out of there with my three gallons of milk at $1.77 each, saying that Fry's had a limit of 2 but she'd let me get them "this time". Then she read every coupon before scanning them. It took forever! When I got back to my car, it was 107, and my frozen goods were mostly melted when I got home.

Blah. Now I'm trying to grill steaks in a dust storm. yea for me

3 comments:

Bree said...

Ugh. There's nothing like working so hard to get the ads and coupons together and ending up getting a crotchity (sp?) cashier! It's a coupon-buzz-kill. Lol.

107. Yikes!

SalGal said...

Ooooh... never get in a line without checking who the checker is first! I always check to see who will be the nicest.

Bummer about the heat. I'll stop complaining, it's only been in the low 90's here.

peebugg said...

you know....I think she works here in farmingdale too......

maybe she commutes.....