Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Budget-ers Remorse

I have been working many hours for the last two days to figure out a budget for our family. Are you surprised we didn't already have one? Yup....it's bad. The thing is, money matters really freak me out. It's a toss up for which is worse....Knowing how much money you don't have, or just not really knowing. The problem with the not knowing is that you just spend until it's gone, and some bills get neglected. This adds signifigant late fees and interest to said bills. We are really hoping to get out of debt and this looks like it might be the year to do it. It is projected that we will be able to take a sizable amount of money from Cheez's online business during the 4th quarter, which will enable us to pay off EVERYTHING...but the house, of course. But in order for this to happen, we've got to be on a really tight budget for the next 4 months.

After putting everything down on paper, I came to the realization that we are in no way making enough to pay everything we owe. That's scary! With our budget, we will have absolutely zero money to do anything extra. And we have to be really careful with grocery money. REALLY careful! Have you ever had to live off of food storage? I'll let you know how that goes.

I know that when January comes and we are out of debt, everything will be worth it.

6 comments:

Bree said...

Ew, I know it. I'd rather live in ignorance of budgets.

Di said...

here, here. I make a budget every month. I look at it, I live by it for about a day and then, nada. Somehow my good intentions fly away. I am forever asking my husband for more money. I really wish I were good with money. It is so hard when you are not used to it. I can't wait to see how it goes for you. Maybe if you can do, so can I.

J's Mommy said...

What happens in January? Hubby and I are trying desperately to get out of debt. Any suggestions?

mk99 said...

You sound very dedicated. I am impressed. I never, never can follow a budget. My debt reflects that fact.

peebugg said...

That's like the American Dream or way isn't it????

I only have one credit card and I have hiden it from all of us. But it's tough....well worth not owing much in the long run...

HANG IN THERE!!!

Blogger said...

I make $20 for each 20 minute survey!

Guess what? This is exactly what big companies are paying me for. They need to know what their average customer needs and wants. So these companies pay $1,000,000's of dollars per month to the average person. In return, the average person, like myself, fills out surveys and gives them their opinion.