Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bravo...Bravo

Tonight was the end of the year, Band Awards Concert at Clinton's Jr. High. I just have to say, it was AWESOME! I can't believe how good these kids are! The music program is just excellent! Clinton played in the Jazz Band, Drumline, Symphonic Band and Full Orchestra. In Jazz Band, he plays drum set, and tonight....he was AMAZING! During one song, he had this drum solo that just went on and on! He totally wailed on the drums! I've never heard him play like that before! I was sitting there with the video camera, trying to keep it steady while I just cried and cried! I am so proud of him! It makes all those private lessons worth it...for sure! He was also awarded the Outstanding Musician Award....right after his big number...and everyone just cheered and cheered!

Clinton's dad and step mom were able to come down today from New Mexico to see him play...they've never been able to make it down before. I think it was the perfect night for them to see him do his stuff! Cheez will be capturing the video tomorrow, so, hopefully we'll be able to put it up for people to see really soon!

I just LOVE nights like this! WOO HOO Clinton!

7 comments:

Dave said...

I was blown away. He did a fantastic job. He totally deserved the outstanding musician award.

The skill level of these Jr High kids is unreal. I compare them to when I was in their position, and I am an ant in the presence of a giant.

It has been a relatively short time since Clinton started the drum set, and he has come an unbelievably long way. He was flat out impressive.

WOW!

Bree said...

How awesome! Sounds like it was an incredible night! Way to go, Clinton!

Jillian said...

AWESOME!!! I completely FEEL your mama's pride. Isn't it amazing when our kids just blow us away? Yeah, and I always tear up, too. Hate that! My kids have been known to say, "Why do grown-ups cry when they're happy?" Sheesh, I wish I knew!

I'm so happy to hear about your son's Big Night and his award. I'm looking forward to seeing a video!

peebugg said...

aaawwwwwww.......

See all those garage band days have truly paid off....

Congrats to All of You!!!

Make sure you get an autographed drumstick from the rising star!!

Shane said...

congratulations to your son - music was fun in highschool. A lot of good memories and trips and scholarship offers. Hey the guy does good in science too? whoa. I hated chemistry and physics (worst classes I ever took). Sounds like the Clinton will be a superstar.

My thoughts are with you and Cheez on the Bear. As I said before - I'm 100% sure that he will triumph through any adversity.

cheers,

Shane

Dave said...

Check out the video at:
http://www.righttrak.net/clinton/clinton_drum_solo_and_award.htm

This is a clip of his drum solo and receiving his outstanding musician award.

WOO HOO!

Dave said...

Oh...

and the person yelling WOOOOOO!!!! is DramaMama. She was so proud of him, she had tears streaming down her face. It was very cool.