Saturday, April 22, 2006

Two Thumbs Up

Through Cheez's work, every couple of months we get tickets to go to one of the local dinner theaters for a night of good food and broadway musicals. The show last night was AIDA. It's a fabulous Disney musical written by Elton John and Tim Rice. I had never seen it, or even heard much about it, but I LOVED IT! I'm going to head out today to buy the soundtrack! The girl who sang the lead part, N'kenge, was amazing. She sang the crap out of those songs! Cheez liked the show, but thought it was a little strange. Me, I would go see it again tonight if I had a spare $50.

Before the show there was an 1 1/2 pre-show put on in the parking lot by Cheez's friend Lee and his band, Benny and the Jets, an Elton John tribute band. They really did a great job!

2 comments:

peebugg said...

Yeah!!! something fun that was really fun...

I'm glad for you two....

Hope your tooth is feeling better

N'kenge said...

My manager found this on the internet and forwarded to me. Thank you so much for your compliments and I am very happy you enjoyed the show. Please visit my website at www.nkenge.net and register with the guest book and I'll continue to send you updated on shows that I am doing.

Have a great Summer!
N'kenge