Sunday, February 05, 2006

This is your life...

Today, Clinton and I spent the day in Florence with my grandma. (Florence, Arizona, not Italy...silly!) Clinton has an assignment to write a life story of someone over 65. Since my grandma just turned 92, we thought she would make an excellent subject! We went, armed with a list of questions and a tape recorder. About three hours later, we left with some really great stories! In her lifetime, she has gone from riding in a horse drawn wagon to school to seeing the moon landing and Space Shuttles. Radios, Televisions, Internet and cellphones have all come to be in her lifetime. Her family was one of the first in their city to own a car...a Model T Ford!

Now the stories are in Clinton's hands, to turn into a Life History! I know he'll do a great job!

5 comments:

peebugg said...

How cool....I hope he has fun writting the report...

peebugg said...

I'm curious.....was he impressed with her life stories??? I know I am and I wasn't even there, but how does a teen view this???

peebugg said...

and...

Thank you so much for taking off the word verification.....

I hate those things!!!!

monica said...

Oh that's awesome. I love it. :)

Cheers,
kdubs

Lori Fawcett said...

Cool, I remember going to their house when we were young. Lots of memories. I wish we had some tapes of grandma Bill talking and telling her life stories atleast she wrote her journals.

LUVYA,
lorif