Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I Spy

Cheez always says that no matter where I am, I seem to run into people I know. Well, the trip this weekend was no exception. We left for Utah on Thursday night with plans to stop in Vegas for the night. At about 11:30 at night, we stopped in Kingman, AZ for gas. As Cheez was inside using the facilities, I glanced in the rear view mirror and thought the person I saw was very familiar. I got out of the car and saw two of my friends from New Mexico that I had worked with for many years. They, too, were on their way to Vegas. Weird!

The next day we were cruising along I-15 toward Salt Lake. There was this car that was totally tailgating us! Pretty soon, it drove up beside us and it was some friends of ours from here! (Mesa) They put up a sign with their cell phone number, so we called and found out they had moved to St. George, UT months before and were on their way to Provo for a swim meet! Weird!

Sunday, we went to church with Cheez's son, his ex wife and her family. (A interesting experience for another post.) As I was leaving the chapel, I looked over and saw an old friend of my family that had lived with us for a couple of years when I was young. A strange coincidence again!

We had a fun weekend, and these run ins just made it more interesting!

7 comments:

peebugg said...

You have all the fun luck!!!!

Did you at least have make up on???

I only run into people when I look horrible...

Glad the trip was good...

Shane said...

there are no coincidences; the end of the world is near. lol

SalGal said...

When I was 12 I visited my aunt in Manhattan. They're not members, but I got her to take me to church, which happened to be in a bldg. accross from the Lincoln Center. All of sacrament mtg., I kept feeling like I was going to see somebody I knew (like what 12 y.o. knows anybody in NYC???). Sure enough, as we were waiting for the elevator when we were leaving, there was the sister of a friend in my ward at home!

Jade said...

Wow, that's really cool! My dad is like that tho. we could be on vacation on the other side of the united states and sure as shit, he'd run into someone he knew! :-)

Big Gay Sam said...

Call me a glutton for punishment but I really miss living in Provo. :(

Di said...

My mom is like that too, always running into someone she knows. I never do but I must know at least twice as many people as she does. Isn't that weird?! I wonder if some people have "running into people" karma?

GeminiWisdom said...

I had to write and tell you that I liked the Pirate Movie, too. LOL. That's like a guilty pleasure for me. And wasn't Christopher Atkins a hottie back then? I liked him Blue Lagoon, too.