Sunday, February 19, 2006

How many candles???

Tomorrow is my birthday. I will then be officially closer to 40 than to 30. yippie skippie. But, you know, my life is pretty good. When I was young, thinking about being this age, I thought I would be a mom and have a couple of kids. Check, check. Have a great husband....check. The only things missing are the skinny body and loads of cash. (well, maybe not loads, but a little more than we have now!) I guess I'm pretty lucky, I should count my blessings more often!

I have been wanting an Ipod for a really long time. I knew that I probably wouldn't be able to have one for Christmas, but maybe for my birthday. I have been secretly making lists of songs to download and thinking how neat it will be to carry hundreds of pictures in my pocket. Well, last week, I saw an ad in the paper for mattresses. Ours is so horrible. It's old and I can feel the springs through it as I lay there. So, yesterday, we went and looked at the mattresses. After trying them out...we had to bring one home with us. WE LOVE IT! It's like sleeping on a cloud! The only problem...it is really high! Higher than my counter in the bathroom by almost 6 inches. Almost the same height as the counters in my kitchen. So, to get on, I have to hike my leg up and roll on! Nice visual?? But I don't care! It's wonderful!

Guess the Ipod will have to wait for awhile!

10 comments:

peebugg said...

Good for you!!! New beds are always great......

just don't roll off....it would be quite a fall.....

Carol said...

I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!

GeminiWisdom said...

Ditto to what Carol says. Also, my granma used to have a bed where you had to take a running leap to get into. Now that she's gone--and has been for several years--that's one of my best memories about her house.

Big Gay Sam said...

happy birfumday!!!

Di said...

Hey, think of all the fun things you can do to break in your new bed. Not to mention the hight. hee hee, there is only so much you can do with an iPod (although they are great, a great nights sleep is worth so much more!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. (I too am closer to 40 than 30, and I have one more coming in July. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Keep positive!)

monica said...

Happy birthday to you!!!!!!!

Hugs,
kdubs

Dave said...

I suck

Hubby

Chicka said...

::GASP!:: I missed your birthday! Oh sweetie, I'm a slug.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! (((HUGS)))

I hope you got to sleep in and do all the things YOU wanted to do (or not do as the case may be).

Aurelia said...

I hope you ad a wonderful Birthday!!

Aurelia

Gem said...

You can always get a little step stool like you see by the side of antique beds. Ours is really high, also, it's actually a waterbed base with a pillowtop mattress stuffed inside of it!