Thursday, February 02, 2006

Baking Up A Mess!

I am trying so hard to get things ready for my Valentine Card Making Party on Saturday. On the invitation, I promised "Tea Party Treats". YIKES! I'm a great cook, but a terrible baker. I just made a batch of sugar cookie dough, but when I tasted it, it was SOOO GROSS! I then realized that the shortening I used was RANCID! So I had to dump it all into the trash! I just finished the second (hopefully tastier) batch, but because I used up all my sour cream in the first batch, I dumped in a container of Banana yogurt. (yogurt is a replacement for sour cream, right? please say yes!)
So, maybe banana cookies might be the next big thing?? They'll at least go with my Pina Colada Cupcakes I'm making tomorrow...If I don't ruin them!
Oh yeah...and I need a magic wand to help get my house clean! Can I borrow one of yours??

11 comments:

Di said...

Seriously, I would LOVE to try a banana cookie. yum yum!

Jade said...

Banana cookies sound yum! I'd lend you my magic house cleaning wand, except I need it to get this place in order for the Super Bowl party! Good luck with the party! While, I too, am a pretty good cook, I suck at baking! I can't even make bread right.....

peebugg said...

Um....my magic house cleaning wand...is either broke or burned out...but you can have it!!!

I've never used sour cream or yogurt....but I'm glad they turned out good!!!

Did you frost them yelloto throw the flavor or did you frost the pink to really mess with their minds and taste buds????

Bree said...

Mmm, banana cookies do sound good! So do Pina Colada cupcakes! I've never heard of those!

drama mama said...

Ok...the cookies turned out yummy! Just a small hint of banana flavor. I frosted them pink with brown accents to go with my blush and chocolate theme. I just took the cupcakes out of the oven. They smell wonderful, but look weird. I'll try to improve their shape with frosting and coconut!

SalGal said...

mmm... all of that sounds SO good!

puremood said...

I prefer baking to cooking - how about I come bake for you and you come cook for me? Deal? LOL

Hope all goes well for ya.

Zoe said...

pina colada cupcakes that does sound good.... hands over a magic wand from a random drawer

Dave said...

I had a banana cookie, and it was good.

I love you honey, dont stress, and know that the party is going to go perfectly.

monica said...

Hugs.

It will be great. :)

It all comes together!

CHeers,
kdubs

Carol said...

Baking??? What's that??? :)