Monday, January 23, 2006

What Not To Wear

I just found out that Dave and I will be attending a hotsy totsy political fundraiser Wednesday night. Dave's company will be doing all the print work/posters/mailers etc for Matt Salmon who will be running for governer of Arizona. Anyway, the point is, we have been asked to attend.

What's the problem? None really, except that I have no idea what to wear. That, and I'm not the best at "political smalltalk". I'm embarassed to say that I just don't pay that much attention to politics, so discussing "the issues" is just not for me. That would just show people how ignorant I am. As for the nothing to wear thing....don't you think this merits a new dress??

Well....I'm off to the mall to find something presentable!

8 comments:

Bree said...

Totally merits a new dress!! I think it sounds fun, (though I too am not a political person).

Strude said...

Just nod a lot and if ever asked a direct question, say you are still undecided on that issue. After all, it's what the politicians do.

monica said...

Oh I do... make sure you feel confident and yourself :) You'll do great!

Jade said...

Oh, I definitely think you need to buy a new dress! And something that will take the attentions off of the fact you don't know a whole lot about politics and force everyone to oggle your great new dress!

Jillian said...

Erica, DEFINITELY time for a new dress!! Absolutely!

And if I'm not mistaken, it's not necessary to talk about politics at a political shindig...so.....pull out all your funny stories about Dave and go to town! ;)

peebugg said...

Okay...you are the woman that can talk to total strangers and not mess up. You will probably have Mr. Salmon in your shadow picking up pointers from you on how to mingle and converse in a crowd.....

A new dress would be great....or maybe some new pieces to make several new outfits!!!!

Good Luck.....

Carol said...

Saying nothing and just smiling works plus a new dress to dazzle them with.

A visit from a fellow Olympian.

peebugg said...

so.....HOW DID IT GO?????

You must share!!!