Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Piece of Crap

This morning the bear went to the freezer to sneak a popsicle, then came in to tell me the popsicles were all melty. Upon examination, everything in the freezer was totally defrosted. I assumed the door hadn't been closed all the way and cleaned it out. (Trashing all the food...crap!) Later, upon opening the refrigerator half, I discovered that it, too was not cold. I went online to get the number for Sears, and was able to schedule an appointment for...FRIDAY! I was not going to stand for that. I then called a local repair center and they said it sounded like a bum compressor. Luckily, Sears has a 5 year warranty on compressors, but I'll have to wait till Friday to get it taken care of.

I've totally had it! I'm tired and extremely grouchy! When Dave came home at lunch, I was trying to tell him the story when the bear kept interrupting. I yelled at the bear and Dave said, "That was harsh!" I told him he could take care of the mess and I locked myself in my room! Mommy meltdown!

I hope we can go out to eat tonight! And I hope I can get a little nap later. I just don't feel like myself.

9 comments:

Dave said...

... and CheezWeezil swallowed his face, and stored the rest of the fridge contents in our secondary fridge in the garage. Part way through, the Bear was heard sniffling coming back downstairs. Daddy gave him a big hug.

Once daddy had finished with the warm gunk and tossed several items of mystery, he braved the locked door.

CheezWeezil apologized, and so did DramaMama. Mommy was still melting, so after many hugs, Daddy helped her to bed to sleep.

Some days just go splat... this was one of them.

I love you honey, I'm sorry you had a crappy day, and I am sorry I ticked you off.

SalGal said...

You are a better woman than me, E. I would be all over them like white on rice raising hell for them to get over NOW and fix it! What if you were a diabetic and had to keep your insulin in the fridge and you didn't have that spare fridge?

peebugg said...

I'm sorry......

I hate meltdowns...but at least he poured you into bed!!!!!

Dave--You're a good guy!!!!

I hope things are better today.

monica said...

You all are too cute! lOL! The preggo lady here is all teary... LOLOL... I hope your day turned around. :) HUG!

Carol said...

Sorry for the meltdown - don't you just hate days like that! And it makes you realize how we depends on refrigerators and freezers! Good luck with the repairs.

WendyWings said...

Meltdowns happen, I had a minor one today while trying to bath a dog that isn't mine and is riddled with fleas that we can't seem to get on top of.
Hope tomorrow is better for you.

Helen said...

Hm......wonder if that warranty covers the cost of all the food you had to trash. I think not! Sorry about that. I had that happen once and I know it's a drag.
Have a wonderful New Year!
Peace...............

Shane said...

aww mann, what a sad day for the bear

Gary said...

I found you on BLog Explosion. You have a very nice blog. May you have a happy new year