Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Feeling Grinchy

It is really not like me to feel like this, I usually love the whole holiday season thingy. But all the Christmas Spirit has totally drained out of me. Perhaps it's because we've had an abnormally trying few weeks. Maybe it was the 6 hours we spent in the ER last night for reasons I can't really say. Maybe it's because my mind is full of dread and worry concerning a variety of topics.

The gifts are not wrapped. The cookies are not made. I have little or no desire to attend the two parties we are obligated to go to this weekend. I haven't mailed or even purchased to gifts that needed to be sent off probably by last Monday. My neighbors and friends will probably be getting nadda from us this year, again.

My friend Peebug was saying on her blog that tomorrow is bonus day at her work. Cheez does not get bonuses. His boss does not even give holiday pay. During the time of year where we all need a little extra, he has Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years off, but without pay. I think his boss is a huge jerk most of the time, and with my given mood, maybe I should skip the happy work party on Friday night.

I want to throw things around and scream. I want to crawl into a ball and hibernate until after the New Year. But, I'm a mom. Therefore, I will try to put on a happy face and plow through.

Bah Humbug!

6 comments:

Gem said...

I am so there, sweetie! Through some foolish financial decisions (or non-decisions actually), we are flat broke this Christmas. Hubby has regularly scheduled work, which is good since he's a per diem employee (kind of like contract, on demand only), but is off Christmas and Christmas Eve -- for the first time in several years -- but for no pay. We weren't even sure we'd be able to do presents, but God has blessed us with good friends and me with a new perspective. I wasn't even going to decorate, but a friend dropped off their old Christmas tree. Once we put it up, I got a little Christmas spirit back. I think I'm slowly getting my head above water, depression-wise, and I'll pray the same for you.

peebugg said...

I'm sorry. I have worked many jobs that didn't give holiday pay. Which, like you, made the holidays really hard.

I'm still not really into Christmas full swing this year. My tree now has no tinsel due to Sydney and Alec has unwrapped every present I have wrapped. So now I get to go thru the house looking for where he hid his naughtyness. Yes, he hid the presents he opened so I wouldn't find them....

Hang in there....and find some mistletoe!!!!

SalGal said...

Check out this ecard my mom sent me. It will make you feel better!

http://www.birthdayalarm.com/card/23274742a314611

SalGal said...

You've been tagged!

Big Gay Sam said...

(((((huggles))))

Oh darlin' I know how you feel. This is going to be my mom's last christmas and everything and I mean EVERYTHING is making me bawl my eyes out. I was crying last night because Oh Holy Night was playing on the t.v. and mom said she loved that Christmas song. I cried for an hour.

Keep your eternal perspective sweetheart. That's the important thing. That's what keeps me going. All of this is temporary crap and it'll pass.

If I thought it would help, I'd put on some speedos and a Christmas hat and pay you a visit. :p

peebugg said...

TAG---YOU GOTTA DO IT!!!!