Monday, November 14, 2005

The Snowbirds Have Landed

Today was grocery shopping day. I spent a lot of time preparing my list and sorting my coupons. When I arrived at the store, there was not a parking place in site. Weird, I thought. As I entered the store, there they were, SWARMING!
Loads and loads of white hairs. I am not prejudice against the aged, It's just that we live in an area smack in the middle of about 15 different retirement communities. When the temps dip down below 90, here they come, from all across the country and Canada. Here to dwell in the arid desert until May or so when the sun scares them away.
It took me forever to get the shopping done. Every aisle was packed. But I managed to get some smokin' deals, so I can't complain too much.

I made a yummy dinner tonite with lots of sneak nutrition. I had picked up some balls of pizza/focaccia dough at Trader Joes on Saturday and used them to make pizza tonight. I topped it with olive oil, minced garlic, chopped spinach, roasted red peppers and sundried tomatoes. I sprinkled on some rosemary from our "garden" and Kayden threw on some cheese. The smell was fantastic! Tasted great too! I made a tossed salad and threw in some white beans and wheat berries (sneak fiber) with olive oil vinaigrette. Yum-O and healthy too! At least I can say I cooked one good meal this week!

8 comments:

Dave said...

I can attest to the fact that more than one has been cooked this week. We had a family dinner last night, and DramaMama's guacamole was a stand out hit. The bowl was cleaned with a spatula to get every last bit! LOL

Tonight's dinner was wonderful, and I had seconds of salad. (That's rare for me).

Yum-O HA HA HA... very Rachael Rae. :)

Love you hunny!!

Dave said...

Oh.. and our "garden"... more like a jungle that smells good. :) I'm working on it.

I love the visual of Snowbirds landing... AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! SPLAT.

I also love the term Q-Tips.

SalGal said...

OMG, don't you just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Trader Joe's!?!?!?!?! That is one requirement that I have when we move. It has to have a Trader Joe's, or one within a reasonable distance.

So that pizza dough works out good then? I've wanted to try it but I'm scared.

Our one "Snowbird" has arrived from Idaho. This older lady in our ward has her even older mom come down every winter. She is so cute!

peebugg said...

well...I can't say I've done Trader Joe....

But, The pizza sounds yummy. Alec would rather have ceral on his pizza. Kids...geesh....

Dave said...

Peebugg... we don't care if you've done Trader Joe, have you shopped at his store? LOL

Joker said...

mmmmmmm sounds delicious... SLURP!!!

Big Gay Sam said...

frybread nyah nyah nyah :p

Anonymous said...

I'm Sorry for not warning you. For a month and a half now we've been seeing car plates from Wyoming and Idaho heading south on I-15 and they're not stopping. Lots's of Montana plates also. D.Q. for every one of those plates we see come through there are TEN Alberta plates. So listen for the language accents while waiting in those long lines, AYE. Ruded.