Monday, November 07, 2005

Rested

We had a really nice weekend! The first one in a long time that we we didn't have to do a hundred things. Saturday morning, we got up and went for breakfast at IHOP, or IBOP as the bear calls it. We headed over to Walmart straight from there where Cheez got his hair cut and I was able to put some Christmas stuff on layaway. (Isn't layaway the best! Pay a little at a time, and you don't have to find somewhere to hide the gifts from prying eyes!) I even got a bit of a nap in the afternoon. Saturday night, Cheez and I had a date, the first one in a long time. We went to the show and saw Elizabethtown and then to dinner. The movie didn't get great reviews, but we ended up really liking it! We ate at our favorite place, Carrabas! Since we showed up at 9, after the movie, we didn't even have to wait the normal 1 1/2 to get in! We had their yummy Calamari and then split a Steak Marsala. Oh YUM!

Sunday, I totally slept in...until 9!!! It was great! We had church in the afternoon and then I made enchiladas for dinner. We vegged out the rest of the evening. Clinton and I watched Matrix Reloaded on TV, (we didn't see it at the theater due to the R rating) and Cheez feel asleep on the couch at 6:30.

A perfect weekend!

9 comments:

Big Gay Sam said...

The weekend was gorgeous weather wise. I forgot how much I love the fall.

We had a fire going all day Saturday and the cedar smoke filled the house. I love that.

I just hope we have a lot of snow this year.

drama mama said...

Oh! I miss the snow! We're coming up for Thanksgiving. I hope it's really cold!

Jillian said...

I'm so glad you guys had a REAL DATE! Carrabas is a real "family hang-out" for us. Not as a whole family at once, though -- we can't afford it! LOL But Eric takes the kids on "dates" there regularly -- they sit at the bar and eat chicken strips and drink Shirley Temples with double cherries, and they know the bartenders by name!

Eric will often bring home an entree for an at-home date night. We always split them, too (we eat "French"), and our favorite is the scallops (well, it's actually supposed to be scallops and shrimp, but we always order it with all scallops).

SalGal said...

How fun for you! Makes me want to dump my kids off somewhere and head out with Honey!

peebugg said...

Good for you.....and thanks for the movie rating, I wanna go see that too!!

Bree said...

That's so weird! On Sunday I too made enchiladas for dinner and then watched Matrix Reloaded on tv...

Joe said...

Sounds like a good weekend1 How did you like the movie?

Joker said...

yeah looks like you had the perfect weekend. now have a great week ahead! *HUGS*

Alex said...

Whoa! Slept in 'til 9am? That's not even beginning to sleep in, lady! If I'm going to sleep in, there's no chance of daylight hitting my skin for another twelve hours. =)