Sunday, October 23, 2005

Did I Shampoo My Carpet For This??

Yesterday was supposed to be a big day. My cousin was coming down from Show Low to do a big Mary Kay Holiday Preview party at my house. As I was also asked to do a Princess House party, we decided it would be fun to do both at the same time as a pre-holiday shopping event. I did a lot getting my house ready, and making some really yummy treats. I sent out 50 invitations to both family and friends. We spent lots of hours Friday night and Saturday morning setting things up, making gift baskets, prepping the food, etc. Well guess what? Two people came. Well, really four, but 2 were my sister in law and her daughter who weren't even on the 50 people list. The other two were at the church that morning at the practice for the children's program, and my husband sent them over after.

I am so disappointed! And really sad for my cousin and for the Princess House lady. What could have been a really great morning turned into us sitting around, eating our own snacks. But hey, I guess I do get clean rugs out of the deal!

What do you do when you get an invitation to such an event? I usually at least call if I can't go, but I really try to attend, even if I can't buy anything. I think it's just good manners. People put a lot into getting things ready, and they at least deserve someone to show up to eat the treats!

10 comments:

SalGal said...

Ok, this will sound really bad but.. I go to every single party that I can just for the snacks and visiting. I order something if I can because I like the products, but mostly I come for the socializing.

I can't believe that out of 50 people none of them showed up! That is really crappy...

Shane said...

how sad

Joker said...

Awww Poor you!!! *HUGS* for all that hard work. Here, a lot of friends call me over to polish off the leftovers! That was a hint!!! *GRIN* :-P

LOved those pics - the little ones are absolutely adorable! How is Kayden doing? THe tremors okay now? *HUGS* to him too and the others as well.

BTW, Me back after another hiatus. Been a crazy time with work and stuff. Now back to my fave thingy – Blogging and Blog Hopping! *GRIN* *HUGS*

Dave said...

I take all the blame for the lack of success of the party, I made the signs. ;)

peebugg said...

DANG!!!!

At least it wasn't a birthday party. That happened to Ashton 2 years ago. Only 2 girls showed up....totally sucked. But we got to get all of their happy meal toys!!!

I would of came, if I lived closer...even if I wasn't invited.....

S said...

Oh bummer! Usually if the invite says to RSVP, I will call to say yes or no. If there is no RSVP, then I don't worry about it. But if we say we're going to be there; then regardless, we're there. Seems only right.

Strude said...

Yeah, kind of like having a surprise party that wasn't much of a surprise because no one came... not that I would know anything about that.

Bree said...

On one of the morning talk shows, a gal said that her friend was offended when someone came to her party but didn't buy anything. Since then I've been wary to go to them because I can't really afford to spend the money.

Jillian said...

UGH! That totally stinks.

Pet peeve of mine: People who don't RSVP. Down here in the South, which is supposed to be all warm and friendly-like, people almost NEVER RSVP. Or, they only call if they are coming.

Doesn't anyone know that RSVP stands for PLEASE RESPOND??

Oy.

As for your party -- if it were me, I would have been on the phone confirming. I had to do that back when I was hosting Pampered Chef parties. Sad, but true. People just don't have social graces on the whole.

I am SO SORRY that nobody showed up. I've had experiences like that and I always take them personally!

The clean rugs are definitely a bonus, though. So just enjoy them.

WendyWings said...

Well how rude and disappointing. I always try to rsvp and if I say sure I will be coming then I do ! :)