Tuesday, September 06, 2005

This and That

Well, the bug guy just left. And due to my still clean house, (a whole week!) I was able to let him in to spray inside! WOO HOO! I hate letting them in when the house is a disaster because you know their thinking, "Geez lady! Your house is a sty, no wonder you have bugs!)

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to set some personal goals for myself. One of them was to get dressed in "real" clothes every day, do my hair and put on some make-up. I thought this would possibly make me feel better about my self, and my husband would have something decent to look at when he got home. Ok, the idea was nice, but as I sit here in my sweats, no paint, and hair in a ponytail/bun, I realize that the goal wasn't that realistic. So, maybe I'll get dressed once a week and see how that works out.

Over the weekend, I cleaned out 4 closets...a huge undertaking. My room, hall closet downstairs, huge hall closet upstairs and just finished the pantry closet. Where do I get all the energy to complete such tasks? Must be from the 2 Excedrine I pop every morning to get rid of the Tylenol PM headache I wake up with. That's the only guess I've got. Hope the energy lasts another week so I can finish all the closets. Then maybe I'll start on the garage....psych honey! I'm leaving that one for you!

11 comments:

peebugg said...

Very cool closet cleaning, now Kayden has new places to hide.

I think the once a week thing is a very good idea.

Joker said...

cleaning bug still on huh?

Dak-Ind said...

I dont feel so bad aboutmy goal now. my mom-ing goal is actually to wash my hair twice a week. i dont usually get to. its too long for washing in the tub, besides ther eis usually a baby in the tub with me! keep trying!

SalGal said...

Yeah, I guess I should put on makeup some mornings. I know I feel better about myself when I do! Good luck, and congrats on the closet cleaning!

Analisa said...

I get dressed every morning - it makes me feel ready for the day. I shower at night, usually, when my DH is home to take care of kids, or I wait until after they go to bed.

(Here from BE)

Tinker said...

i had a "closet cleaning" session about 3 weeks ago. I cleaned out 2. lots of stuff went to good will.

S said...

Have you ever heard of Flylady? Her website is www.flylady.net

She claims that one should always get dressed to shoes each day so that our mind knows it's time to get to work. And you are right; doing your hair & makeup does make one feel tons better. I don't always do makeup myself.

But awesome on all the strides you've been making. You're inspiring me to go tackle the kids bathroom!

JeanC said...

FlyLady is my guru :D While I've resisted putting shoes on on the weekends (I work full time and hate shoes anyways), of late I put on my laceup shoes and amazingly enough, I get a lot more stuff done onthe weekends and a lot less damage dome to my feet LOL That lady knows what she is talking about. While my house isn't totally clean and still needs work, I'm not afraid to invite people over anymmore.

Bree said...

I like Flylady's acronym: C.H.A.O.S...Can't have anyone over syndrome.

peebugg said...

Oh sure get a clean house then quit blogging....

HELLO??? ANYONE THERE??

Dave said...

Me clean garage now... mmm drugs still working....

Hubby