Monday, September 19, 2005

Fun, Fun, Fun...Trauma, Drama!

It's been an unusual weekend. Glad to have a new week starting! Thursday night, I learned to make a really neat-o purse at our Church's crafty night! Made from 2 placemats, some ribbon and beads! So Cute! On Friday, it was scrapbook night! I finished 12 pages! Saturday was our monthly "Girls Night Out" Bunko game. We had a great time! Lots of chatting and good snacks! Thanks honey for letting me escape 3 nights in a row! That hardly ever happens!

Also this weekend, my brother was arrested, again, and put back into jail. He has some serious issues and can't seem to stay out for more than 6 months at a time. I'm afraid this time was pretty bad, he may be in for up to 10 years or more. I don't think he realizes what this does to my parents. My mom has decided not to tell my dad about it right now. He is still in the hospital and she thinks it might hinder his progress. I agree. ( Might be better for grandma not to know right now too, in case any of you talk to her.)

My ex-husband's wife also left him this weekend. They were together for 12 years as opposed to the less than a year we were together 14 years ago. He called for advice, and we talked for awhile. I hope they will be able to work things out. He was pretty upset. He is a very hard person to live with, and maybe this is the kick in the rear he needs to change things up a bit. I'm sure she'll come back home, just not sure when.

Anyway, here's hoping for a good week ahead with less trauma! A little more of the fun would be ok though!

6 comments:

SalGal said...

Glad you had a good weekend. Sorry about your brother!

Connie and Rob said...

So sorry about the sadness in your life...it is just a rough rollercoaster rides some days.

My parents are elderly (dad 92 and mom 83). When times are good I get very emotional and try to remember every moment so I can play them back in my mind during the days when I need a little strength.
Connie

peebugg said...

okay....the surf junkie is here....he has 4 counts against him.....if you need to know more I can e-mail it too you.

He is going in front of Vincent on the 21st. It doesn't say anything about parole or probation violation...so there is a happy thought.

But the other site is saying he is still on it. So who knows.....

It would be less stressful on your mom if someone is babysitting him even if it is a corrections officer. Where is his wife??? How is she??? Is she here??? probably too many questions for a blog....but I am in typing mode...

Hugs to you.....I can send you a Tubbie tape if you need one...

Joker said...

Sorry about your brother... *HUGS* to you and your Mom and Dad. Wanted to reply to your mail... but gmail is down:(( and your id is in that addy book *GRRRRRRRRRRR*

Dave said...

me want to be popular like wifey

Hubby

P.S. Darn yer brothers hide!

monica said...

Blog hopping and found you! Sorry about your brother, I hope it's not that bad. And about the EX, I laughed out loud only out of relating. Mine was short lived as well and I've gotten the same phone calls about girls. LOL. Cheers... Happily married now?