Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Problem Solvers

I'm still not sure how to solve my problem with keeping things clean, but thanks for all the great suggestions. I have decided to have a Family Home Evening lesson on it tonight. (yes, I know I'm a day late, but I was not in a happy place yesterday!) We are all going to sit down together as a family and decide what needs to change. I'm going to try really hard not to blame, judge, or be negative. I just want everyone's suggestions on what we can do to make our family happier and me not crazy! I don't like being the Monster Mom!

I'll let you know how it goes....cross your fingers!

6 comments:

Anthony said...

You have a great blog...keep it up.

Bree said...

Be sure to have them give suggestions for the consequences if the jobs aren't done. Then they have less to complain about because they helped pick them!

Chicka said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chicka said...

I hate to say it D, but we've tried that family pow-wow thing. They looked at me like I had three heads. Unfortunately I'm the only team player.

Now if it's a mess, as much as I hate it, I leave it that way. And I make them explain to people why our house is always a wreck.

I think the house stayed clean for about a week around Christmas. It was only because I threatened body parts.

Good luck! I hope it works for you! (And your kids are older, so hey, there's hope!)

Joker said...

Good LUck!

MsFreud said...

I, myself find the road to happiness lies in BEING a monster mom. :) It was hard for me to accept, but once I did, life went smooth as silk- Keeps the kids in line, keeps the husband on his toes...