Friday, August 19, 2005

Party Time?

I love the idea of a party, but when it comes to throwing one at my house, I completely stress out! I always offer thinking, " It will be different this time", but it never is. I worry so much that many times I end up having an "episode", or being completely useless the next day. So here I sit again, a party scheduled at my house tonite, and I'm starting to really stress out. My house is never clean enough and I'm worrying about the food and if people will have a good time. It's only Girls Night Out, I really shouldn't worry, but I am. My stomach is getting all knotty and sick and I have the startings of a killer headache. Why do I keep doing this!

I just want to crawl up and hide in my closet. ( My favorite place for hiding out, you know!)

7 comments:

peebugg said...

Well, you could have everyone in your closet. Then afterwards you could also have a comming out party.ha-ha

I know what you mean about the stress though, being the hostess is tough. But if you are lucky enough to have cool friends, which I am sure you do, they won't mind and you will have a great time.

Make sure you have a good chic flic. I like Pacifier it's so cool and not too chic-ish.

I know it will be great, you are such a good organizer.

SalGal said...

You are going to have a great time! 2 years from now, you will not even remember if your house was clean or not, but you'll remember what a great time you had and think, "Gee, I should do that again!"

Tasha said...

I do the same thing! Mostly about my kids birthday parties. I am alwys trying to keep the house clean that day and the kinds are steadily making tracks. After it is all over with...it's never that bad!

Chicka said...

The Pacifier was hilarious! You rock, DM. Don't worry so much about the house. Your friends love you for who you are, not what your house looks like! (And put those boys to work cleaning, too!)

I know, I know...preachin to the choir again! LOL! (How's it been going otherwise?)

Jenna said...

Found your site on blogexplosion, and I have to say I am right there with you for the party thing. I have NEVER thrown a good party! I am pretty new at blogging, so I will just leave my info the only way I know how to...
http://stevesarmyangel.blogspot.com
Anyway, hope it goes well tonight, and hey, you gotta come out of the closet sometime! Hahahaha! Good luck.

peebugg said...

How did the party go?????

Bree said...

I stress too when I'm going to have people over. But once they arrive, I'm able to let go and just relax. I figure I've done all I can. But it must not be enough since no one has come to a second party...j/k.