Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Now...the results

I've decided to share the results of my meeting with my family last night. I made a list of everything that had to be done to keep our house happy and running smoothly. It took two pages, and I'm sure I missed something. Then we talked about all of those things and If one person could possibly do them. The answer...NO WAY! So then we talked about the jobs all of us had every day, Dad...work, Clinton...School and Drums, Kayden...School and Swimming, Mom...taking care of the house and everyone in it. We decided that all our jobs were important, but we needed to start taking more pride in our house.

It was agreed that every night after dinner we would all do dishes and pick up the house together. One person unload, one person load and one person sweep, etc. Also, everyone was in charge of keeping their own rooms and bathrooms clean. I said I would be in charge of laundry, dusting, vacuuming, and mopping. Every Monday after Family Home Evening we will have inspection time of rooms and bathrooms. If everyone had pitched in during the last week and their rooms looked good...allowance time! Also, the boys agreed to spend one hour a week working on the back yard.

Last night, the after dinner cleanup went great and we got the house looking good in 1/2 an hour. It was so nice to wake up to a clean house this morning! I hope we will be able to keep this up! I'm going to make a big effort to keep it up!

5 comments:

S said...

Awesome! How wonderful that everyone agreed & pitched in. Fingers crossed it continues. I've learned it takes 28 days to create a new habit and one really bad mood to ruin it! Good luck!

piksea said...

Great idea!

Lisa said...

I am sooo stealing this. Seriously. Its a great idea and since I am facing a monster case of burn out, something has got to be done!

Hooray for you!

Jami said...

That is so great, E. You have inspired me to make some changes too! Thanks, and I miss you!

SalGal said...

I'm so glad this worked out for you! My kids would agree that nobody could do all that, but they wouldn't care enough to start helping. I guess it's because they're still so young. Maybe in 2-3 years.... (sigh)