Friday, August 12, 2005

My Interview

I agreed to help out Blackberry Lou and answer some interview questions. Here are my answers!

What modern invention would you 86 for the good of society?

Tough one! I am a big fan of modern conveniences! But, I think that I would have to get rid of cell phones. What a pain! People can reach you WHENEVER they want. We used to be able to get away for awhile and go to dinner or a movie without interruptions. Now, no matter what you're doing, people can find you! On the exam table at the doctor's...ring! In the bathroom at the mall...ring! For all the good they do, I think it would be ok not to have them.

What fictional character do you most identify with?

I really have no clue, so I'll say Cinderella! Mostly because I am the chief sweeper, mopper, washer, dryer, picker-upper. I have found a great Prince though. Still waiting for the fancy ball for a good excuse to buy a new dress and shoes!

Now, it's your turn! If you'd like to be interviewed by me, let me know, and I'll think up some thought provoking questions!


What is the most criminal thing youĂ‚’ve ever done?

Hmmmm. I haven't had much personal experience with criminal behavior...that would be my brother! There is one thing that happened many, many years ago. I was working in a clothing store at the mall. One night, my manager called and said that the corporate office had called and told her to close the doors, pack everything up and ship it back. No warning or anything. She said she was told that she couldn't even ask any of us to help her out. Well, we went in the next day and helped her anyway. Like most weeks, all of us had items on hold that we were waiting to buy when payday rolled around. Our manager told us to take those items and whatever else we wanted. I felt weird about it, but I did it. I did limit myself to 4 or 5 things as opposed to the dozens of things the other girls took, but I took them all the same. I have always felt weird about that.

Has there been anyone in your life who has had a profound effect on you and never known about it? Tell us about that person.

That would be my Grandma. She didn't have an easy life, but I never once heard her complain. She was always cheerful, always loving. I never once heard her say a bad thing about another person. I enjoy reading her journals. Even there, she never said a negative thing about anything. She always had a wonderful treat ready when you visited, she didn't care if you were fat or thin...treats for everyone! I always knew that she loved me, and I hope she knew how much I loved her.

4 comments:

SalGal said...

Pick me!! Pick me!! I love to interview!!

A modicum of good news for mothers everywhere that I live... SCHOOL IS IN!!!!

Ilaiy said...

Nice blog and post ..


./thanks
ilaiy
====================================
http://ilaiy.blogspot.com
http://howiwishihad.blogspot.com/
====================================

peebugg said...

I wanna play.....can I play???

I love your answers.

Chicka said...

Cinderella, cinderella, do the dishes! Do the wash!