Thursday, August 18, 2005

Bonehead

Normally, I would have to say that I'm a pretty good cook. It's something I enjoy, and over the years, I've gotten pretty good at it. But everyone has a bad day now and then....

I burned the lollipops! That's right! LOLLIPOPS! Years ago, I made some pretty great gourmet suckers and sold them, and as I tried to replicate it today...I totally burned the sugar! I have 2 trays full off burnt orange/black looking suckers! They stink and they taste horrible! I will blame this on forgetting that I had broke my candy thermometer and having to guess at the "hard crack" stage! I must BE on crack, because I totally overestimated the time!

Dang it! And now I have to go attempt dinner in a smelly kitchen! Crap! If I wasn't on a diet, and had any money at all, I would order pizza!

6 comments:

peebugg said...

I bet you could use them for something.

Maybe unwanted guest treats..:)

Sling-shot ammo???

Hollie The Mom said...

LOL hey I give you Kudos for trying it I don't know what a candy themomoter looks like much less if mine is cracked.

Bree said...

Give it out at Halloween. The kids won't remember who gave it to them by the time they get home! I've never attempted to make lollipops...I'm impressed!

Chris said...

I like the halloween idea. Call them something scary and the kids will probably love them.

Deliberate Chaos

Chicka said...

Bree beat me to the punch! LOL!

My dad used to make hard candy and it takes a bit of a nack. I could never do it. I'm too damned impatient. LOL! I like to stick to the easy stuff when I'm stressed like brake and bakes (cookies).

Chicka said...

Duh - I'm retarded tonight. Break and bakes. (Although if I burned them, they'd smell like burning brakes I'm sure.)