Thursday, June 16, 2005

Not His Decision

I just checked in with my mom to see how my dad is doing. I've been in Albuquerque with her, but came home yesterday to organize my family and fill the fridge. She said the doctor came in today and said that he hasn't heard of anyone surviving a ruptured esophagus when it wasn't discovered for 72 hours. He wasn't being rude, just telling it like it is.

I am trying to have faith in the situation, knowing that what is meant to happen will. Isn't it great to know that doctors aren't the ones who decide who live and who die? I think they would give up too early most of the time!

I will continue to pray for a miracle. Would you expect me to do anything else??

7 comments:

SalGal said...

There's a first time for everything, isn't there? But you are right to be prepared for whatever happens.

Helen said...

I pray he is not in too much pain.
Peace..........

Sarah said...

I really hope your miracle happens. Best wishes x x x

peebugg said...

I think part of your miracle came true when you changed hospitals. It seems that your doctors now are at least concerned and trying.

Even though I don't openly express it I do believe in the power of prayer. I know that the "big guy" upstairs is getting bomb-barded by requests for health and happiness for your dad and all of your family.

Beth said...

I'm surfing through on Blog Explosion - I'm so sorry for your situation. I'll keep your father in my thoughts even though I don't know him. Every good thought counts, right?

Janet said...

I'll pray for you both. Hang in there and don't lose the faith. Take care.

Jami said...

Hey Sweetie, just wanted to pop over and let you know that we love you and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care, and let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.