Monday, May 23, 2005

We're Melting, We're Melting

Ok, I knew this day was coming, so I don't know why I'm so surprised. We are having record breaking heat. Not a little heat, but holy crap heat! It was 109 yesterday, and could get up to 112 today! Why, oh why are so many people so anxious to live here! The population growth is huge! The winters here are nice, that's true, but summer feels like the gates of heck have opened up and vented off some of the heat up here!

It's a dry heat, they say. Well, I guess that's good, but it's still HOT!

9 comments:

No BS said...

Howdy from Gilbert! It's way hot for this early, huh?

K Jones said...

Drama,
I live in the desert as well and I get tired of Midwesterners saying "Well, its a dry heat." Its a 112 degrees for goodness sake. I will take 85 and 75% humidity any time.

Blueyes said...

Ya try those temps down south with 100% humidity...you feel like your dying I tell ya...I wouldnt mind being over there with the dry heat but I'm not leaving my beaches!!

Helen said...

Ha! I spoke to a customer at work today who was in AZ and he told me about the temp there today. I said "I know they say it's a dry heat but 107 is still hot!" He whole-heartedly agreed.
Peace...........

Abraham said...

You could move to Brookville, Ohio where I live. It is about 45 degrees in the mornings and gets up to about 65 in the p.m. Not all year, of course, we still have snow and ice in the winters. oldmanlincoln.modblog.com

landismom said...

Hmm, while I'm not really down for the 110 degree May day, I am totally sick of the cold! It is almost Memorial Day, and if it's cracking 65 today I'll be surprised. Where is the sun?

Saturn said...

109??? Gee wiz, we're all complaining about how cold it is here! It's so bad we're all wearing sweaters at work and we have our space heaters on. What a difference a couple thousand miles can make, LOL.

stefani said...

You are not kidding! It sure has been hot! I am looking forward to it being in the mid-90's this week. LOL! I am down in Tucson so we are only a couple of degrees cooler than you.

stefani said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.