Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Help Wanted

In today's corporate world, it is not at all unusual for busy men and women to have a personal assistant to take care of some of the more mundane tasks in their lives. Things like fetching lunch or picking up the dry cleaning are delegated off to these helpers, leaving lots of time for more important things.

I have decided that this is just what I need. After all, who deserves a little help more than a mom?? I could have my wonderful assistant busy doing laundry, dishes and vacuuming, while I enjoyed the more important things in life. Spending time with my kids, helping out at their schools, even cooking wonderful meals for them to enjoy! ( After all, the assistant would be there to clean up after me! ) I could go on walks with my husband and read books to my boys! Ahhh, what a life that would be!

As I sit here, waking up from that wonderful day dream, with my house in shambles all around me, I wonder, who would be willing to take such a job with what I could pay them? Nothing! Oh yeah, I think their called wives! Where can I get one of those???

7 comments:

Jilly said...

I have no idea where you can find one, but if you ever do, can you let me know please?!

Chicka said...

Hey, I need one of those, too! Maybe two even. (Lots of mess to clean up.)

peebugg said...

okay....just because I don't have a husband, not sure I want another one....I would like to call mine a cabanna boy. Would like him to be about 29, 6'2" buff and tan blonde hair blue eyes and his uniform would be a Speedo...:) So I can eyeball him while he works, he would be strickly eye candy due to the fact that guys who look like that are toooooo....I mean toooooo high maintenance.

Your Hubby is lucky to have you......tell him I said so....

Dave said...

I read it myself peebug. You gotta explain that name. It is a topic of much speculation.

jb said...

Funny thought! Of course, my husband goes out into the world and works away. Yes, he gets paid...but who spends most of the money? LOL.

Chris said...

I'm currently accepting applications

thanks

Anne said...

We say that all the time "we need a wife!"