Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Brave Boy!

Yesterday was my 4 year olds appointment with his neurologist. After waiting 1 1/2 hours, we finally saw the doctor. He decided that we needed to do another MRI, an EEG, and another round of blood tests. When I had told Kayden about the Dr.'s appointment, he was afraid of getting stuck in the arm again, so this was not happy news for us. He screamed and cried all the way down the elevator and in the waiting room, as we waited for his turn. It was heartbreaking! "It's going to hurt me so much! I want to go to my house!"

When they called his name, the distress kicked up a notch. I sat him in the chair and started to sing. As the lady got ready to stick him, he stopped crying, and didn't cry through the whole test. "Look, I'm not crying now! This not so bad! I'm a brave boy!" The anticipation was far worse than the thing itself!

We went to Chuck E. Cheese to reward the "Brave Boy"!

10 comments:

noodge said...

Wow. Flash back to my past. Right down to the hour and a half of waiting and the visit to Chuck E. Cheese. Every 6 months I had to go to the neurologist and there was always blood work involved (along with parking validation). One time it actually took 5 grown men to hold me (my arm) in place while a sixth took blood. I can't help it if they were wusses. :)

QC said...

Poor baby...and poor Mama! I'd say Chuck E. Cheese was well-deserved.

Yvonne said...

Awww that's precious. :)

The Village Idiot said...

chuck-e-cheese can make up for a lot, though my kids were actually scared of the kid in the costume.

Julie said...

What a brave little man! Well-deserved trip to Chuck-e-Cheese!

peebugg said...

A brave boy and a way cool Mom.

I hope everything turns out for the better.

Keep us posted.

landismom said...

oh, that is so hard! you must be really proud of him for being so brave.

Mellie Helen said...

For kids and grown-ups alike, the anticipation of anything fearsome is usually worse than the actual event!

panthergirl said...

My daughter had a seizure disorder when she was little, so we went through a battery of EEGs (the worst part was getting all the crap out of her hair!) and even a spinal tap when she was 17 months old.

Hope everything is ok with your little one. My Emma is almost 20 now, and perfectly healthy.

Heather said...

Aaaaaw! What a little trooper:-)