Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Baby Blues

It is that time of year again for renewing our insurance. Not surprisingly, it has gone up again. $900 a month...bend over! This year, they are offering several new plans that are quite a bit cheaper! "That's Great!", you say? Well, here's the problem. We can pay $600 a month for a fairly good plan, but it does not include maternity coverage.

I just really want to have another baby, although, right now, I'm really not in a great physical shape to do it. But removing maternity coverage seems like it would be the end of the road. No turning back. I am so sad, that I don't know what to do. It would be crazy to pay and extra $300 on the chance that I might get pregnant. But I'm just not ready to admit defeat.

We have 30 days to decide. I want to cry!

6 comments:

jb said...

Woah! And I thought we paid an exorbitant amount for insurance! That's incredible! That's a hard decision! I'll be thinking of you!!

Wendopolis said...

That's awful. I hope it all works out for you. Even now, with the three of us in our 30's, my mom says she doesn't know why she didnt' have another baby and wishes she did! Take care.

Helen said...

Oh.........Keep the coverage. If you drop it, you will surely get pregnant!

Strude said...

$900 A MONTH!!! Excuse me, I have to go change my shorts.

Lou said...

wow- as if family planning wasn't stressful enough!

SalGal said...

Why does your insurance cost so much? Is one of you self-employed, or do you just have a cheapskate employer? I'm suspicious that one of us is going to get really sick and die or something because we've always had great coverage. We pay like, $150/mo. and that's medical, dental and vision. And everything under the sun is covered. We have no deductible, no co-pay for office visits or ER, and prescriptions are $5. They used to be $1!