Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Million Dollar Baby?? (beware...spoilers)

My good friend K is visiting this week, and last night, we decided to have a girls night out and go to the show. She really wanted to see Million Dollar Baby, but I was hesitant. I'm not really a big fan of "drama" movies. I like things on the lighter side. Boy, was I right! This movie was SO depressing! Don't get me wrong, the acting was great as well as the movie as a whole, but don't wait around for a happy ending on this one. Luckily we were the only two people in the theater, so we could emote as loudly as we wanted. I did think Hilary Swank was amazing though.

I think my next movie pick needs to be a full out comedy. My 80 year old aunt said she laughed her butt off ( of course, she didn't say "butt", but I'm sure that's what she meant) at "Diary of a Mad Black Women", maybe I'll hit that one this weekend!.

1 comment:

Bubbles, Ink. said...

dude, this film is SO not depressing. it's enlightening and there is a freedom about it. it's all in how you think. half full or half empty?

i hate people that pass off good art as "depressing." try giving "depressing" art more of a shot. real-world issues are not always fluffy and happy.