Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The Inevitable Has Happened

Well, we knew that it was only a matter of time before it happened. This evening, we were visited by a nice police officer (occifer to my 4 year old) to inform us that not one, but THREE of our neighbors have called in with complaints about the noise coming from our house. Do we have loud arguments or fights here??? No...We have a garage band practicing in our garage.

I can't blame the neighbors, the noise is unbearable at times. Not only is it noisy, but we have a yard full of teenage groupies joining in on the fun. But honestly, I'd rather have them here. I want to be around to see what's going on and what's being played. My husband has spent the last 20 minutes in the garage, equipping them with fans and extra chairs for their audience so they can play with the garage door down.

All I can say is, if we end up receiving a fine, I'm not paying it. But, I will know 4 teenagers who better start looking for jobs!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually this sounds cool - except for the noise factor - and maybe if you have to feed all the kids that come over.

BTW - thanks for the comment on my site :0)

Tanya
http://iateapie.net

telafree said...

good for you...for letting them practice there.

Bridget Unnel said...

Is the band any good? Hopefully you'll have the last laugh when they make their acceptance speech at the Grammys!

Strude said...

Rock on!

So, do they have a name yet?

Chicka said...

Ooooh, garage bands! Some of the best have started out that way!

And hey, at least they're off the streets like you said. They're supervised, etc.

Jim said...

i had that problem once. They played in our basement. It drove the whole family crazy. One day I was getting a glass of water at the kitchen sink and I could feel the floor moving under my feet. That was it. I insisted that the other parents experience the joy. After that they rotated through houses one week at each members house. that gave us 3 out of 4 weeks peace.