Wednesday, March 02, 2005

How Do Ya Like Those Banana's Now

We are in the middle of potty training my young son. What?!? You may say? But he's four years old! Tell me about it! I thought I'd share with you "The Tale of The Bananas."

A few weeks ago, Kayden was playing when he suddenly stopped.

"Kayden, do you need to go potty?"
"No! (screaming) Daddy already changed me!"

Well I knew that was a bold faced lie, so I ran him to the toilet and set him down, backwards of course, so he could watch the action. After a minute or so...the moment we were waiting for!

"Mommy, yook, a nanny came out my bum!!" (He was very excited)
"Ummm...no, that's not a banana, (stifling my laughter) that's a poop!"
"Noooooooooooooo, see that nanny!"

Ok, weeks later, we are still trying to get him to push nanny's out of his bum, into the toilet, but alas, so far, only one nanny has made that fateful trip!

Makes you think twice before eating a banana, doesn't it!

6 comments:

Chicka said...

LOL! Mmmm...nanners.

Myrrander said...

that's one of the most disgusting things I've ever read

and your kid is 4 and still wearing diapers?

wow

peebugg said...

Hey, whatever works. My first son was potty trained at 11 months but my second not until 3 years old and now my 3rd is at 3.5 years and we are still working on it.

It is a developmental thing and everyone developes differently and at different rates.

I think it's great that he could make the connection by shape and/or size.

From the mouths of babes!!!!

letti said...

lol..that is so sweet..i don't think any of us in the family has ever refered to them as naners before :)

Anonymous said...

I hate when people judge about how old your child is and whether or not they are potty-trained. They have no idea the individual situation. Sorry, just had to vent!!!!

Anonymous said...

agreed to the above anonymous person