Saturday, February 26, 2005

I'm Not Big Boned, I'm Fat

If you have never bought clothing at Lane Bryant, or a department store's "Plus Size" or "Women's" section, I really don't want to hear about your weight/deeding problems. If you can wear cutesy bra and panty sets as opposed to an industrial strength Broomhilda Bra and a girdle, I don't need to hear about the great weight loss plan you went on to loose those extra 5 pounds!

Women are obsessed with weight. I know this, because I fall into that category. Recently, I was standing with a group of my "friendlies" at church. (You know, we're friendly with each other, not, let's go to lunch friends.) Several of them were wa-wa-ing about how they still needed to lose those last five pounds after having their babies. These girls are what I consider skinny-minnys. Still in single digit sizes. As the fat girl in the group, I felt humiliated! What must they think of me and my jiggly stomach?!? Are they just wanting me to tell them how great they look? This was not an isolated incident. It happens all the time.

Please, if you are not truly fat, quit talking about it. And...

Please pass the Slim-Fast!

6 comments:

pia said...

I never really used to believe that there were "plus sizes." Then I found out,

It's been a slow battle down--and I mean that exactly. Still nowhere where I would like to be, but it's happening--if you like to watch water boil,

Totally understand and empathize

Chicka said...

Oh sweetie, screw the Slim Fast and pass those evil Girl Scout cookies that they've already started horking this year.

I'm sooo with you!

Mags said...

I hear you, sister! I hate when skinny girls complain about one roll of fat that's not even fat, it's just skin. Ugh.

Your niece Aubs :) said...

Totally true.And what's sad is that most skinny people that have always BEEN skinny think that all you have to do is get off the couch and eat salad and water all day. People get this stereotype that fat people are all lazy and all they eat is junk food. It's so disheartening. Some people cant help it, some people DO try, and even thought the stereotype is true for some people, doesnt mean it is for all of us.

Anyway, off my soap box. Love you babe!!!

Satin Jenni said...

I don't know about fat but I certainly know about sizing problems when it comes to my big bones!
Lucky for me Lane Bryant is compassionate and understanding, Sales Clerks that take the time to see you happy with your purchase.

Diana Crabtree said...

I'm with you!

Pass me a slim fast too! They sure are delicious. They taste so good that when I was on the slim fast diet I would have one for breakfast, one for lunch, and then another, and another! :O